Sunday, September 2, 2018

Week 2 Assignment Minecraft Level

Week 2 Assignment Minecraft Level


For this assignment I modeled a 40 cm cube in Maya and beveled it. I used 4 segments in the bevel to get an edge loop at the corners of the cube once it was level. I uved the cube so the top and bot uvs had unique texture space. I decided to overlap the sides and the have the front and back faces share the same texture space to get more texel density on the cube. My textures for this cube is going to be 48 x 48 tga.


Here are the textures I created to build the level. I created a grass, cement, brick texture set. The brick and cement textures have a grunge and corner variation. I also made a window set to add details for the buildings.


The materials were set up in the same way. I kept it very simple. I set the filtering on the images to nearest to get the pixel look you see in Minecraft.


Below are the amount of materials I made for the level.



I tried to make a derelict city that was starting to be over run by nature.




No comments:

Post a Comment